CE Mark Safety Testing Now Available in Draper through VPI Laboratories
Thursday Nov 30, 2017
VPI Laboratories is excited to announce that we can now perform CE Mark safety testing in our Draper laboratory.
Our accreditation was issued by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) and allows us to test products to the following safety standards,
- IEC/EN 60669-1-1 Medical Electronic Equipment
- IEC/EN 60669-2-1 Switches for Household and Similar Equipment
- IEC/EN 61010-1 Measurement, Control and Laboratory Equipment
- IEC/EN 62368-1 Audio/Video and Information Technology Equipment
Safety testing covers thermal, electrical, and mechanical risk areas. For an electronic device to pass testing it must,
- Remain at a safe operating temperature to avoid injury or accidental flame.
- Have sufficient insulation to avoid user shock
- Demonstrate that it is mechanically sound
European nations require companies to test their electronic products to specific standards before selling them to the public. We’ve added CE Mark safety testing to our testing services, and can now cover four vital CE Mark safety standards at our laboratory in Draper, Utah.
Give us a call to schedule your CE Mark safety testing today.