VPI Laboratories’ Draper Facility is a state-of-the art electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) test laboratory and is in compliance with all the current national and international requirements and is accredited by the US National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) under Electromagnetic Compatibility and Telecommunications.
The facility is one of the nation’s finest Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) test environments and features a compact 3-meter anechoic chamber where automated pre-compliance emissions and radiated susceptibility tests are performed. Our chamber was designed and proctored by Rohde & Schwarz in partnership with AP Americas and offers superb attenuation to ensure repeatable test results. VPI Laboratories chose Teseq (Ametek) for the majority of its test equipment due to their demonstrated expertise in the industry and world-class, state-of-the-art line of EMC testing products. In addition to our precision instrumentation, we also have a dedicated partially screened room for ESD testing.
With a focus on the EMC regulatory requirements for Europe the Draper facility’s capabilities include:
- Pre-Compliance Emissions
- Harmonic Current Emissions (EN 61000-3-2)
- Voltage Fluctuations and Flicker (EN 61000-3-3)
- Radiated RF Field Immunity/Susceptibility (EN 61000-4-3)
- Conducted RF Immunity/Susceptibility (EN 61000-4-6)
- Electrical Fast Transients/Burst (EN 61000-4-4)
- Voltage Dips and Interruptions (EN 61000-4-11)
- Lightning Surges (EN 61000-4-5)
- Power-frequency Magnetic Field Immunity (EN 61000-4-8)
- Pulse Magnetic Field Immunity (EN 61000-4-9)
- Electro-static Discharge (ESD) (EN 61000-4-2)
Applicable product categories include:
- Audio / Video (EN 55103-2)
- Laboratory and Measurement (EN 61326-1 and EN 61326-2)
- Household Appliances (EN 55014-2)
- Information Technology Equipment (ITE) (EN 55024)
- Generic (EN 61000-6-1 and EN 61000-6-2)
- Medical (EN 60601-1-2)
- FDA Requirements for EMC
The test laboratory complements VPI’s EMC open area test site in Wanship, Utah. Between both facilities, VPI Laboratories can fully cover the EMC regulatory compliance needs for customers.